Thursday, June 22, 2017

Low Carb Thai Hot and Sour Red Cabbage Miracle Noodle Stir Fry with Sweet Soy Glazed Chicken


So, it's week three since I started seeing my awesome Tribrid Personal Training genius.  I want to say that it's easy and that I'm just breezing through the workouts, but I would be lying. It's heck. The first two workouts I actually puked. The workout today I actually cried a little (because it was hard... and I'm a sissy). Planking makes me feel like an old lady. That being said, Chris, my trainer is brutal (good). He's killing me...and I almost like it. Stockholm syndrome much? Bwhaha! Seriously though, it's been really good for me to have some accountability with someone who has a vested interest in my success. 

 One of the hardest parts of any fitness journey is finding good recipes that taste amazing and keep me full. So I wanted to start sharing a few of these here on my blog when I make them. It seems like whenever I post one of them on Instagram, I get a lot of requests for the recipe.  

When I made dinner tonight, my 14 year old son actually told me that I didn't work in a restaurant anymore and that we could just have pizza.  It made me giggle. Mainly because he then proceeded to gulp down a huge plate of this and loved it. 

Win. Double win.

Why? Because we're talking about less than 300 calories per serving, including the chicken! Less than 7 grams of fat, 42 grams of protein...are you seeing this?

One of the secrets to this dish, is  Angel Hair Miracle Noodles.  I don't work for them. I bought these myself because I am a foodie nerd and I love new adventures!  If you've never heard of them, they are really weird...but cool.  They are 97% water, non-gmo, gluten-free, carb-free, calorie free. It sounds impossible. The first time I tried them I thought they were nasty, but that's because I didn't cook them correctly.  The secret for me was to actually pay attention to the part of the package where it says to dry them out after you cook them. They only take a couple minutes to make, but really pay attention to the preparation directions.


The other secret to keeping full and hydrated for my workouts is the awesome use of Chia Seed...The Buzz word in Super Grain. It holds 10 times its weight in water and is loaded with omega 3's...that's the good stuff.  It keeps me full and gives a good boost to your fiber too!

 I get mine  at my favorite online grain store: 
Here

Are you ready to make this? 

 Chef  Tess Lo-Carb Thai Hot and Sour Red Cabbage 
Miracle Noodle Stir Fry
1 1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp hot sauce
1 package  Angel Hair Miracle Noodles

Directions: In a large skillet or wok, heat the sesame oil. When very hot, add the onions, celery and cabbage. Stir fry until onions are tender, about 4 minutes.  Add all remaining ingredients, except the noodles. 
Just before serving, add the noodles and stir well. 

My Fitness Pal Nutritional for this recipe Yield 3 servings, 117 calories, net 13 low impact carbs, 5 g fat, 3 g protein.

Add 4 oz chicken breasts and 1 tsp chia seed per serving: add 180 calories, 39 g protein, 1.5 g fat. 

Total meal: 297 calories, 13 net low impact carbs, 6.5 g fat, 42 g protein. 

There you go. Some good stuff for my favorite peeps.

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess





No comments: