Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin & Spiced Peach-Pecan Sticky Buns-o-Glory


I got a phone call from the morning producer on NBC 12 asking if I could come into the studio Monday morning and do some wicked  delicious recipes for Fall with Pumpkin. So...I called my buddy Michael down at Love Grows Farms to see how the pumpkins were coming along. He says they are amazing and that I need to come pick some up. I'll be on the farm tomorrow morning. Tonight I decided to really perfect my pumpkin sticky bun recipe for the show and whip out some of the Sweet Pumpkin Spice Tamales to bring in as well. I'll be making a lot with pumpkin in the next few days for that reason. However...I think I'm fair in adding some torture here with this picture...
I'm not going to lie. They are incredible. There's pumpkin in the dough...and peach preserves in the middle of the rolls to add some remarkably lightly tart and moist filling to the mix. Add an accent of the mixed spices of my blend with hints of orange, lemon, and some culinary rosepetal and lavender...Perfection. 

Don't beg. I'll share the recipe here...but you have to promise to make them.

Chef Stephanie Petersen's

Pumpkin & Spiced Peach Pecan Sticky Buns-o-Glory

1 cup warm milk (not too hot now)
2 tsp active dry yeast (1 pkg)
1 tsp salt
1 cup packed canned pumpkin
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
4 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp almond extract

2T Chef Tess Wise Woman of The East Spice Blend
3/4 cup sugar free peach spread

Topping:
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup honey (caramel honey sauce or peach amaretto honey are amazing here)
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) coarsely chopped pecans

Directions:
Put the milk, yeast, sugar, pumpkin in a mixer with a whisk and mix until smooth.




 Add remaining ingredients. Mix with a dough hook until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes (by hand about 300 turns). Put dough in a covered bowl and raise about 1 hour until doubled. Lightly flour a counter top and roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness, 12 inches by 18 inches rectangle. Spread jam or honey over dough and sprinkle with spice blend. Roll tightly and pinch seam. Cut into 2 inch wedged
 Make the topping. In a 1-quart saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, and honey over low heat; stir until sugar and butter are melted.


 Pour mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan and sprinkle pecans on top.

place one inch apart 


Allow to raise until doubled in size, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.  Preheat oven to 375°. 

 Imagine yourself just sitting in a hot tub of caramel pecan goo....and you would probably be just fine with my little friends.

Bake buns until golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
 Remove pan from oven and immediately invert onto a serving tray or baking dish. Let buns cool slightly and serve warm.

There you go. Make some sticky buns!  Get the printable recipe Here.
I want to see those buns! 


Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

3 comments:

Teresa said...

These look delicious and I can't wait to try them. Only somewhat related to this post (pumpkin), I have a question for you... do you know whether Honeyville's Regular Oats are gluten-free? I've got a great recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars that I'd like to share with a friend whose daughter must eat gluten-free, and oats are the only ingredient in the recipe that are questionable.

Chef Tess said...

Honeyville's oats are not gluten free. Bob's Red Mill makes a line of gluten free oatmeal, but that's the only one I know of.

Barb I. said...

Thank you Chef Tess, for sharing, you are amazing and so kind!!!!!!!!!!! Barb I.