Sunday, October 2, 2011

Perfectly Imperfect


Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul...enjoy.
I had the wonderful chance to meet some new friends this week. I get that a lot but one experience in particular sticks out in my mind because the gal was just so cute. She is a friend of Tara. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing this little nugget of love. We stopped by unannounced because we were in the neighborhood and because I had loved reading her comments on Facebook. Truly I consider here a  kindred spirit. When she opened her door she was adorable with words of praise and adoration...all the time I'm looking at her and saying, "You too darling!" We talked about her amazing creativity and admired her gifts of imagination as we talked about her baking and crafts.  She apologized that her house wasn't perfectly clean several times during our conversation. So...ya know, for the record...I don't visit people to see how clean they keep their house. I visit people because I love them. I want to see them. Note: My house isn't always perfectly clean either honey. She knows who she is...and I just want her to know that I can't stop thinking about how perfectly amazing it is to see someone with her talent. I hope she knows what an outstanding gift she has!
I don't expect anyone I meet to ever be perfect. I hope they don't expect the same of me. In that spirit, I have to share this quote that really hit home this week. It comes from  Forget Me Not, by Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"I want to tell you something that I hope you will take in the right way: God is fully aware that you and I are not perfect.
Let me add: God is also fully aware that the people you think are perfect are not.
And yet we spend so much time and energy comparing ourselves to others—usually comparing our weaknesses to their strengths. This drives us to create expectations for ourselves that are impossible to meet. As a result, we never celebrate our good efforts because they seem to be less than what someone else does.
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
It’s wonderful that you have strengths.
And it is part of your mortal experience that you do have weaknesses.
God wants to help us to eventually turn all of our weaknesses into strengths,1 but He knows that this is a long-term goal. He wants us to become perfect,2 and if we stay on the path of discipleship, one day we will. It’s OK that you’re not quite there yet. Keep working on it, but stop punishing yourself.
... many of you are endlessly compassionate and patient with the weaknesses of others. Please remember also to be compassionate and patient with yourself."Forget Me Not, by Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Happy Sunday. God bless.
Your friend, 
Chef Tess.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

I ♥ President Uchtdorf.....he IS pretty amazing..............as you are! Thank you for such kind words....I put this quote on facebook this morning........"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."~Albert Schweitzer Thank you my friend.........

Kaylene said...

omgsh...I think I know this person<3 You both sound pretty amazing.