Sunday, June 19, 2011

Heavenly Father

Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul. Enjoy.

Today is Father's Day. Ah...I've been thinking this week about what a father really is, because I'm certain I've had a lot of male influence that is tender and loving, these have been the men and fathers who knew and taught by example that it is Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women . I know others who have not been as blessed. I think the same can be said of some mother's as well. I wonder why that is? Why do some get to have amazing Father's on earth and others have to imagine what it would be like?

 James E. Faust once said, " Noble fatherhood gives us a glimpse of the divine attributes of our Father in Heaven. He should magnify his priesthood and be an example of righteousness. In companionship with his wife, he should be the source of stability and strength for the whole family. He should be the protector and the provider and the champion of the members of his family. Much of his love for his children should flow from his example of love, concern, and fidelity for their mother. By his uncompromising example he should instill character into his children".




I've been blessed with many of these Noble Examples of Fatherhood. Husband, Father, Brother, Grand-Father. 



My own dear dad especially.

Yet, I think the greatest example I can offer of true Fatherhood, is the One who, of all the names He could have, fills the role of Father best. Thank you Cherie Call for this song!  I'm so thankful I can go to Him for anything, anytime, anywhere...and He is anxious to answer my prayers and love me unlike anyone on earth. He knows my heart. He knows my fears. He knows what I am capable of becoming and He's not afraid to empower me with greatness. I'm most thankful this Father's day for Heavenly Father... 

 May we be worthy of the Lord’s promise, “Them that honour me I will honour,” in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

There it is.

1 comment:

aswesow said...

You know some of the videos cover the script on your post? Anyways...Amen. As a Father so often I fall short...I feel so inadequate at times...I got a card today from my daughter that made me cry...but as a Father...the most re-assuring, the ultimate high is knowing that those that call me Dad also know and call on the Heavenly Father!