Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cherie Call Is Coming To Town!

I, Chef Tess...am doing the happy dance right now!! Doing a shout out and rambling review right now!

I love, love, love, love, Cherie Call ! Last year, I bought 10 of her Christmas album called Gifts . She is one of my all time favorite singers and she is coming to town y'all! I'm so excited! She sent me an email that said, " I wanted to let you know... On Saturday, November 6th, I'll be signing CD's and singing at the Chandler, Arizona Deseret Bookstore from 1-3 pm. The address is 2860 W. Chandler Blvd. Come see me and I'll sing virtually anything you'd like. As long as it's a Cherie Call song. I don't know Stairway to Heaven." Cherie is a kindred spirit. The music she sings has really changed my world in some remarkable ways! Indeed, I dare say that this song in particular, changed how I saw myself during a very low and dark time. Thank you Cherie for sharing it with a mom who felt alone and very...un-beautiful. I can now say, I don't feel that way anymore.

Beautiful
(Cherie Call)

Look at all the signs, Look at all the shows
All the glamorous people who claim to know
What perfection is and what makes beauty stay
But when all the styles go out and the labels fade away

It's what you give that makes you beautiful
It's how you live that makes your dreams come true
Keep your faith in this world,
And let the light of the Lord shine through
That's what makes you beautiful

Nothing burns as bright, nothing shimmers so
As the smile of a friend when hope is running low
And how your hand feels warm when you dry a tear
Love is still in fashion at the end of every year

Chorus

Even roses fade away in the snow
But the beauty in your heart can always grow

Chorus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go folks. I'm going to see her! Smooches Cherie!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cherie Call was born and raised in Mesa, Arizona and has been writing music since her early teens. She has released seven full length albums of her original songs. Her latest album, “Grace”, was released in October of 2009. Some highlights of Cherie’s performing life include playing “in the round” at Nashville’s famous Bluebird Cafe, being a finalist in the prestigious Kerrville Newfolk songwriting competition, and opening for bluegrass legend Tim O’Brien at the University of Utah. Cherie’s songs have been included on several albums produced for the LDS Especially for Youth summer programs, and also on the soundtracks to many independent films, including God’s Army, Charly, and the Banff Award winning film, “True Fans”. Cherie currently hosts a podcast on yldsr.com called “The New Music Show”, where she interviews other musicians about their latest work. Cherie currently lives in Utah with her husband and two daughters.

2 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Great News! I love her as well - saw her several years ago when she opened for The Forgotten Carols at Gammage, I think it was... She's great!

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

What a Wonderful tribute! I too Love Cherie and am VERY excited for her visit this weekend ;0)