Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Sweetest Things Yet (Bread of Life Section)

Sunday is the day I share a little bit of my soul. Enjoy. (This post is going up on the blog a little late this week...but for good reason.)

I remember when I started writing this blog about a zillion days ago. Okay, two years ago there about. My dear friend Tara had pulled me aside one day and told me she sincerely thought I should write a blog. I struggled with what to share and not share. I struggled with being too real or too open. I struggled with sharing my testimony of Christ, for I know it can be a touchy subject to some people. I struggle no longer. If I only ever shared my love for Him, it would be enough. It isn't though. It isn't enough to just profess I care for him, though I do. It isn't enough to try to be like him and do what he did, though I do. It isn't enough to try to give Him my heart...I must do it. I must give the Lord everything. I must be willing to give away all my worldly possessions to know him. What does it profit a man if he gain the whole world and loses his soul?

I was reminded of that recently by a dear reader who shared with me her amazing story of conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and her new Faith in the Redeemer. DB...you know who you are. You left your home and belongings. You have begun a journey...that started by driving 2300 miles, 8 months pregnant on a wing and a prayer...frantically trying to learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. It is the church I have loved and adored since I joined it. Have I ever mentioned that before? I'm a Mormon. I love being one. It answered many questions and opened countless doors for me. The one that said that God still spoke to prophets and had apostles. The church in the latter-days spoken of by ancient prophets as the "stone cut without hands". I'm so happy you reached your new found family in Christ. You and your family have been baptized. You are now my sister. I will love you forever. Until we meet at Jesus feet...may he hold you in the hollow of His hands. Your son Henry will grow in a family blessed by a father who holds the Priesthood of God. I grew up in such a home, with a father who loved the Lord and tried to be a true disciple. A mother of faith can do so much. I know that the Lord truly lives and loves you. He knows who you are. Never doubt that great things come to those who believe. I know God hears and answers prayers...and I'm so glad he answered yours.

There you go.

1 comment:

aswesow said...

Psalm 91 comes to mind, especially when you say "on a wing and a prayer"