Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Play Factory...rambling review

I don't do rambling reviews very often, however, this week I have to share something that has become a fast favorite with my little crazy boys. A friend of mine invited me to visit the new recreation area they had opened up in Chandler, just off of Arizona Avenue and Occatillo road. It took me a long time to finally take her up on her offer, but I'm so glad I did! I arrived on a Tuesday morning with my boys, but didn't call ahead. What I wanted was to show up and have it be as they normally have it. I love doing "secret shopper" reviews. I think it gives a better idea of how things are really run. I did end up calling my friend Elaine, the owner, when I was almost to the location, just to get some final directions. I have a negative sense of direction. If you can't find it either, it's next to the Dollar Tree, behind the Jack in the Box. How's that for "girl directions"? Ace says girls use landmarks. Boys use North, South, East and West directions with GPS accurate readings. I'm a girl. It's by the Dollar Tree. Bring socks and energy filled children. Open play is all day. The cost is 9$ ages walking and above (children over 13 are free). There are discounts for mom's groups with 10 kids or more! Friday...is 5$ for all day play! Look at what they have to play on:


This is something I have to mention. I looked at the air conditioning setting. I don't know if it's supposed to be common knowledge, but I'll tell you what I saw. It was set for 76 degrees. That my friends is like December weather if we ever play outside. So, this is nice when the weather man tells me it will be 115 degrees for the next three months. We need this place! Am I right?
The seating isn't just hard chairs. They have these bright cushy couches all over. I could stay all day in that couch. Really.
I love the parent's lounge. Love it. Free wi-fi. Magazines...silence...and big open windows on all the walls so it's easy to keep an eye on things.
What do I love most as a foodie who's concerned about food born illnesses, health and sanitation? They watch the food area very well and make sure this sign is really obeyed. No junk in the jungle. Sighhhh.




Hand sanitizer stations in the food area so when the kids are tired enough to sit and eat...they can clean up a bit too.











They have a very reasonably priced menu at the Full Service snack bar.






Danielle, the main gal who ran the snack bar and front desk when I showed up on Tuesday, was especially helpful and just as friendly as could be. I like her. If I had a joint like this, I'd keep her forever. She was amazing.


















Kid pleasing pizza and foods. Okay...Little Man said it was some of the best he's had.

Pristine clean food preparation areas.











They do private parties, bounce house rentals, and giant slumber parties. They have drop and shop services for moms and parent's night out every Friday and Saturday from 6 pm to 11 pm for 25$ a kid. Now here's something crazy. My boys have every Friday off school. We'll be there for that 5$ special without fail. Oh my gosh!! What do I like most of all?! We finally have a freakin' awesome Arizona alternative to outdoor playing in the heat! Thanks Play Factory! Thank you most especially to the amazing efforts of Cory, Elaine!!
4180 S. Arizona Avenue, Suite #3--Chandler AZ 85248
http://www.playfactoryparty.com/
480-883-1502

1 comment:

Mama Peck said...

Thanks, Tess. I'm always on the look out for places to take the grandkids when they visit- especially in the summer! This looks great. :)