Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Wedding Loaf

I just finished a six strand braided loaf that is actually one of my favorite ever. I made it to do a picture tutorial on decorative doughs used in this type of bread for my Upcoming Classes In Salt Lake City Next Week! Actually...we're looking at three days until the class. How's that for waiting to the last minute?
I think it should be at a wedding. I used the technique for the painted breads I've given tutorials on in the past, along with the dough that I will be sharing at the class. Here's how it looked before it was painted...

This is after using some of the pearl glaze and pink tones. What do you think a gal should charge for a loaf like that?

I'm pretty sure I'm in love.

Don't forget to join in on our Upcoming Giveaway! A 5 quart Paula Deen Cast Iron covered casserole. It's almost as stunning as this bread.

I'm told there is a little space left for the class on Saturday. Hopefully I'll see you there.

11 comments:

Donna said...

That is gorgeous beyond words. You have a gift. And infinite patience.

Mama Peck said...

So pretty!! You are definitely an artist. I'm sure your students can hardly wait for this class!

Janae said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm sure it tastes good too! You're amazing!

Elizabeth said...

The loaf is stunning, the chef is fantastic, and the class was a blast! Thank you!!!!

Chef Tess said...

Elizabeth!! You did an amazing job!! I love you. It was so fun to get to meet you and Randi! Let me know how your cooking group liked your bread. Big hugs!!

Zurin said...

YOU are pure GENIUS!!! That is the most beautiful bread I have ever seen!I love ur blog esp teh bread parts..the painted bread. I stole ur recipe for the paint n did some painted bread myself a while back. It turned out great. thank you for the inspiration. not to mention teh creativity. :)))

Zurin said...

OH i linked to you of course.

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! Did you cover the flowers when baking so they didn't brown too fast? It's so evenly baked...

Chef Tess said...

No covering. It just bakes normally but I don't use any egg wash so that helps.

Unknown said...

Your work looks absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!! I love it!!!